Destination Lane Club Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the different membership levels? What do they include?
We are happy to offer you 3 different membership levels with several different options to make this a club that works for everyone!
- Standard Club – This is the signature Destination Lane Club!
- Standard Club – includes 6 skeins of yarn and 6 bags for a total of 12 packages shipped throughout the year. $35 per month.
- First Class Upgrade – there are three different ways to upgrade your club!
- Double Yarn – includes 2 matching skeins of yarn with each yarn shipment, and one bag with each bag shipment for a total of 12 skeins of yarn and 6 bags throughout the year. $51 per month
- Double Bag – includes 1 skein of yarn with each yarn shipment, and upgraded bags with each bag shipment – two bags of different sizes: notions ziplet or an extra drawstring bag in addition to the bag designed for the club. $51 per month
- Double Yarn and Bag – includes 2 matching skeins of yarn with each yarn shipment, and upgraded bags with each bag shipment – two bags of different sizes: notions ziplet or an extra drawstring bag in addition to the bag designed for the club. $68 per month
- Backpacker – on a tight budget? There are two ways to participate at only $17.50 per month!
- Only Yarn – includes ONLY the yarn shipments. You will receive 1 skein of yarn every other month throughout the year for a total of 6 skeins of yarn ONLY.
- Only Bags – includes ONLY the bag shipments. You will receive 1 bag every other month throughout the year for a total of 6 bags ONLY.
All membership levels will receive:
- Travel Dossier with pattern suggestions and place inspirations via Email
- Free Domestic Shipping
- Coupons for both Destination Yarn and Erin Lane Bags
- Access to the Destination Lane Facebook Group
- Exclusive discounts on patterns from top designers
- Access to every previous Destination Lane Exclusive colorway and fabric
When will I receive my yarn and bags?
Yarn will ship at the end of -January, March, May, July, September, and November.
Bags will ship at the beginning of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
By shipping one package at the end of the month, and the next at the beginning of the month we have created 6 groups while still allowing you to receive something special every month!
Please note: Jeanne is shipping the yarn from Cleveland, and Lindsey is shipping the bags from Tennessee, so your shipping times may vary.
When will my payment be processed?
Your payment will be processed on the day you subscribe, and will automatically repeat on the same day each month for one year. The last payment will be made in November of 2019.
We understand that this means that there may be two payments made before you receive your first shipment, however, because of the payment processing software there isn’t really a way to avoid this scenario. At the other end of the club, you will receive two shipments after your last payment has been made!
What if I need to update/change my credit card?
You can log into your PayPal and change your credit card at any time. We know that cards get compromised and lost. It happens, this is also the reason we HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you have a PayPal account for this. You can control your card data much more easily than if you don’t have a PayPal account.
If for some reason a card is denied, the system will automatically try again up to 4 times over several days. This is a system setting we cannot change. This is PayPal’s process. At the end of that time, your account will be suspended. When this happens we have to manually reinstate your membership, and in some cases, re-enroll you. If you get a notification that your card has been declined, please log in and make sure the number, CVV, and all information is correct. This avoids any disruption in the shipping of all of your beautiful goodies!
What if I move during the course of the club or need to change my shipping address?
No problem! Just fill out the form here and we will update your information in our system.
What types of yarn and bags will I receive?
The yarn will be in a variety of weights from fingering through worsted depending on the suggested projects. It is so fun to receive something different every month! All of the yarn will be high-quality superwash merino wool or wool blends with several upgrades to cashmere or sparkle throughout the year.
The bags will all feature our traveling sheeple in our locale. We will give you a variety of bags designed to work best with the yarn for that month and the suggested patterns. (You aren’t likely to get a sweater bag for sock yarn because it’s too big.) You might receive one large tote as your upgrade, or you may receive an additional drawstring or matching notions bag.
What is a sheeple?
Sheeple are Erin.Lane’s exclusive line of fuzzy friends. Sheeple are simply sheep doing people things. They dress up as your favorite characters and now they travel the world. Sheeple can be found nowhere else but at Erin.Lane and the world traveling sheeple will only be seen in this club!
What if I need additional yarn to complete my project?
Additional yarn in the exclusive club colors will be available for purchase in limited quantities, however we are unable to guarantee dyelots. Information on purchasing additional yarn, including suggestions for colorways to pair with your club exclusive, will be included in the Travel Dossier.
If I don’t sign up for the club can I still buy the yarn or bags?
Nope! Both the yarn colorways and the bag fabrics are completely exclusive to the club. We will not be able to reproduce them for non-club members even if you love them and even if you beg. Colorways and fabrics will not be released to the general public until 2020 (if at all).
What if I don’t like the bag or the yarn? Can I return or exchange it?
Part of the fun of the club is that it is an adventure! Each month will be a fun surprise and a fantastic destination.
Because of the exclusivity of the club colorways and fabrics, we, unfortunately, are not able to accept returns except in the case of faulty products. However, you are always welcome to destash it in the facebook group – I’m sure someone will happily snag it!
Are patterns included? What about extra items?
We want to keep this club as accessible as possible. So instead of an included pattern we will be offering an extensive list of recommended patterns that will work perfectly with the included yarn.
We have featured designers – and exclusive discounts on their patterns! – lined up for each destination of the club and are very excited to expand this portion of the Travel Dossier for 2019.
As far as extras – we found that those really drove up the price of the club. At this time they are not being offered in every package. However, if you really want to treat yourself to the ultimate luxury we recommend choosing one of our First Class options!
Will you ship internationally?
Please shoot us an email at email@example.com and we will give you a quote for international shipping for the club!
For all other questions about the club please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will get back to you right away!